Saturday, January 17, 2009

Yay! Another review of a couple of K-Dramas that I have watched recently... Now waiting to watch ONe Sided AffaIR know as On Air. So till I'm on my longer off days after CNY period.. will not get myself glued to TV screen till then.


BEETHOVEN VIRUS


How I found out abt Beethoven Virus, was from my fav korean review site called DramaBeans.com, saw the actor was pretty familiar & watched 12 episode online while waiting for my DVD to arrive... Yeah it was not out in Singapore yet. Cuz it's just been recently air in Korea, in last Nov 2008 i think. & finished watching the whole series by end of Nov. haha..  I should say this is one drama that I learn slightly more about classical music, Mozart, Beethoven.. all that music stuff..


 





Synopsis


Two musicians who retired from their musical careers for different reasons join together with a demanding and difficult genius conductor to form an orchestra against all odds.
Although it requires a lot of hard work to form their orchestra, they keep chasing their dreams of doing what they love the most in the world and this gives them great satisfaction.
Three young and old people with different personalities and life experiences gather together under a common dream and they find love and the room to forgive each other as they eventually earn each other’s respect. The drama exudes a positive energy.


My 2Cents: The 2nd pic, is the difficult genius conductor, Kang Mae. I know, not very handsome & look super arrogant. That's why he got the part. Haha.. The slightly younger one, is the familiar actor whom Itold you abt. Superly cute but sigh... younger than me! The lady was quite a new face, I think. Really love her wardrobe in this drama, all those cute dresses & three quarter pants & converse shoes..  Overall, loved this drama. Sigh, I said this to every drama that can really made me cry.. So this one was no exception! It's amazing how a older & younger generations had to make things work despite their differences in views of music, love, family & life.


Stars Rating (out of 5) :  






 


NEW HEART


New Heart was like one of those doctor-hospital kinda of dramas I would usually watch.. It was worth the buy! I do learn some new medical terms! Yay! But anyway.. it's has a couple of lesson to learn from the drama. I guess almost every drama has something to learn from. From this, it was to stick to your guns..There's no such thing as VIP, every patient is equal!



Synopsis


This drama will be about the growth and sufferings of the heart surgeons who work in the thoracic surgery department. Lee Eun Sung graduated from a newly established medical school in the provinces. He applies for a job at the hospital and has high hopes of becoming a great doctor. Nam Hye Suk graduated at top of her medical school. She is an absolute fundamentalist but starts to show her humane side once she gets to know Eun Sung. The problem is Choi Kang Gook just became the new head of the Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. He believes that only doctors can save peoples’ lives and is a genius but he is also a stubborn surgeon who does not care for hospital policies. Only Eun Sung and Hye Suk apply to work in his department.


One day, a famous actor Lee Dong Gwon is admitted into the Hospital for arrhythmia surgery. He immediately falls for Hye-seok, who is his classmate from elementary school. He later gets jealous when he sees that Eun Sung and Hye Suk are getting closer to one another.


My2Cents: Hmm part of what I had to said was already in the first para. But nevermind..The main lead, Professor Choi, was very demanding fierce..He's like the best surgeon in Korea. Workaholic which makes his family grew apart from him. Or was it more on his wife wasn't very understanding abt his job. Lee Eun Sung, is very down to earth kinda guy who was slightly playful, smiles alot yet serious in what he does. He totally good in sewing with his left hand & make very cute teddy bears. the only prob, he was not a student of Kwanghee University. that makes other doctors unsure of his talents, knowledge & ability to be a good surgeon.  Nam Hye Suk on the other hand, was top student in Kwanghee University illegitimate daughter of the hospital's director. All she thinks about is studying. Working hand in hand with Eun Sung leads her to bemore open-minded & cares every patient as equal..


Stars Rating (out of 5) :  




No comments: