Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Movies Updates..

SLUMDOG MILLIONAIREU

Synopsis

'Slumdog Millionaire' is the story of Jamal Malik, an 18 year-old orphan from the slums of Mumbai, who is about to experience the biggest day of his life. With the whole nation watching, he is just one question away from winning a staggering 20 million rupees on India's "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?"

But when the show breaks for the night, police arrest him on suspicion of cheating; how could a street kid know so much? Desperate to prove his innocence, Jamal tells the story of his life in the slum where he and his brother grew up, of their adventures together on the road, of vicious encounters with local gangs, and of Latika, the girl he loved and lost. Each chapter of his story reveals the key to the answer to one of the game show's questions.

Intrigued by Jamal's story, the jaded Police Inspector begins to wonder what a young man with no apparent desire for riches is really doing on this game show?

When the new day dawns and Jamal returns to answer the final question, the Inspector and sixty million viewers are about to find out...

My Review: At first, I really hesitate to watch this movie... (I was dragged & brainwashed by my friends.. haha) Hmm... cuz I'm really not into all this India-English kinda movies.. Cuz it's not always up to the watchable standard.. Sorry if I sound mean. But this movie was totally different. I must admit that the first 15mins of the show I was trying to figure out what they are saying..But the movie was GREAT! It really shows the sights of India that you've never seen before... Some how this movie left a deep impression in my heart.. I would recommend this movie to anyone.. Hey, it would not have won 8 Oscars for nothing.. & of course, they always end up have happy endings....


He's Just Not That Into You


Synopsis

Ken Kwapis' adaptation of Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo's best selling self-help book 'He's Just Not That Into You' follows the love lives of a dozen or so characters. Ginnifer Goodwin stars as Gigi, a young women attempting to understand the mixed signals she gets from the men she's dating. She gets advice from a bar owner (Justin Long) who prides himself on understanding the ins and outs of the dating scene. Gigi's co-worker Janine (Jennifer Connelly) finds herself involved in a major redecorating project with her husband Ben (Bradley Cooper). Unbeknownst to Janine, Ben contemplates an affair with Anna (Scarlett Johannson) an attractive woman trying to make a career as a singer. Another of Gigi's friends at work, Beth (Jennifer Aniston), enjoys a successful, healthy relationship with Neil (Ben Affleck), but storm clouds hover over them as he has no interest in getting married. Kris Kristofferson co-stars as Beth's father.

My Review: It's nice to watch it with few good friends. But I watched this solo. But nevertheless enjoyed this movie. For someone like me, who don't believe much in relationships & marriage. This movie have a few tips & concept to learn from.



My Bloody Valentine 3D

Synopsis

Lionsgate presents this retelling of one of the most underrated slasher films of the early '80s with this tale of a small town that's terrorized on Valentine's Day by a murderous maniac.

My Review: Everyone knows I have a soft spot for Horror & Gore movies.. I just love the thrill! This movie was great in 3D! If it's the normal version, I would not have watch it. Story is pretty predictable.. which it has some twist to it. Too little blood & gore.








Mirrors

Synopsis

A troubled ex-cop must save his family from an unspeakable evil that is using mirrors as a gateway into their home.

My Review: Hmm.. Bought this on DVD.. Not as scary as I thought it would be. It has loopholes in the story line. Overall: it was an OK movie. Nothing great!

No comments: